Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandrews87
Contributor
Contributor

replace dimension name in Column

Hi Guys

I wonder if you could help me. I have a master calendar that has all the usual fields and i have also generated a week sequence number (WeekSEQ) which is an autonumber of week and year. I have a rolling 53 week report and the column headers seemed to have went off, think its because wk 53 only had 2 days and week one had 5. We need week 1 to start on 1st Jan and i am using broken weeks.

Currently the column labels i am using are: ='Wk:' & week(max(Date)) for current week, ='Wk:' & week(max(Date)-7) for last week etc.

When i use the max(WeekSEQ) and max(WeekSEQ)-1 this gives me the correct number (108 and 107) but this is of no use, is there a way i can replace WeekSEQ with week so it will show me Wk2, Wk1, Wk53, Wk52 etc.

Thanks

Is there a way in the column label i can replace WeekSEQ with Week. I have been looking but not getting anywhere with it.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

There are a few posts on this one, surprised you did not find them, you need to change a system setting:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Numbe...

Broken Weeks setting is what I think you need to tweak here.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
pandrews87
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Brett

I do use broken weeks. The issue is trying to get the week number from my week seq number so that the column labels are correct. When i use for the column header max(WeekSeq)-1 this gives me the correct week sequence number, but this is of no use. I need to use (WeekSeq) for the calculation but somehow replace this with the week number that the weekseq number relates to.

Paul