Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

rolling time frame

i am trying to create a rolling 13 wk period for item, store and date within a straight table.  This requires the three as dimensions, and the date to be the maximum range of the 13 wk period.  i have had some success with the most current date, but want make sure that it is incremented trough time within the same table.

ie

datekey      start          end          exp1

201412        201401     201412     sum({last 13 wks total sales}totalsales)

201413        201402     201413     sum({last 13 wks total salestotalsales)

201414        201403     201414     sum({last 13 wks total salestotalsales)

any thoughts would be apprciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can.  with the dimensions of item store date, I need the sum of the previous thirteen weeks; a rolling total.  Not long after I posted my request, I ran across this link Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations, and it seems to be the right answer.  It also appears to be Massimo's suggestion.  Thank you both for your time.  If you have another approach, I would be happy to hear it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Can you explain more your requeriment?, please

maxgro
MVP
MVP

read this (above all AsOf table)

https://community.qlikview.com/docs/DOC-4252

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can.  with the dimensions of item store date, I need the sum of the previous thirteen weeks; a rolling total.  Not long after I posted my request, I ran across this link Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations, and it seems to be the right answer.  It also appears to be Massimo's suggestion.  Thank you both for your time.  If you have another approach, I would be happy to hear it.