Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

schedule/automate the data reload

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to schedule/automate the data reload in qlikview document. If you can give me answer i have some other doubt once you clear this.

16 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Your schedule.bat file should look like this:

cd c:\cd "Program Files\Qlikview\"qv.exe /r E:Qlikview\Application\VPDPL\VPDPL.qvw

Not applicable
Author

Hi Migueal!

I tried you method and it works fine. By may i know why below script which worked when executed manually but not worked when executed using scheduled tasks.

cd c:\
cd "Program Files\Qlikview\"
qv.exe /r E:Qlikview\Application\VPDPL\VPDPL.qvw

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

dsjain wrote:<blockquote><pre>cd c:\cd "Program Files\Qlikview\"qv.exe /r E:\Qlikview\Application\VPDPL\VPDPL.qvw

You are missing a backslash in the code you have copied. Anyway, try something like

cd "\Program Files\QlikView\"pauseQv.exe /r "C:\Document.qvw"pause

So you can check where the script fails. In the code above, document reloads correctly.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel!

I am really sorry. I have wrongly copied the script in my previous post. Below mentioned script works fine.

qv.exe /r E:Qlikview\Application\VPDPL\VPDPL.qvw

Where as script which works manually but doesn't work when we schedule it. May i know the reason why?

cd Program Files\QlikView\
Qv.exe /r E:Qlikview\Application\VPDPL\VPDPL.qvw

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I'm using Windows XP SP3. The script in my previous post works properly both in scheduled tasks or manually. You are missing again quotes where you have spaces in the command line.

In your post, there are two scripts. In the above one, you have quoted properly

however in your below script is unquoted.

Again, the script in my case works properly both ways.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel!

I think you are confused. It true that this script cd "Program Files\Qlikview\" working fine both manually as well as scheduled. What my doubt was this script cd Program Files\QlikView\ which worked manually but it did not worked when it was scheduled?

Thanks in advance!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

All right, Microsoft will answer you better than me here.