Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

section access reduction conditionally.

Hi There,

This is enhancement to the solution i received in previous discussion(link below)

I wanted to create section access with data reduction on multiple fields(PRODUCT, SYSTEM, LOCATION, BUSINESSAREA). Please see my attached app.

filter table data

My Requirement is to perform data reduction on only Sales table and its matching Problems data and don't reduce data in the Problems table that are not matching with sales table. I mean, i wanted to do conditional data reduction.

I have created dummy values in Problems table as below, but still the data reduction is happening.

PALL as Product

SALL as System

LALL as Location

BALL as BusinessArea

I have disabled strict exclusion in the settings, but not sure whether it is correct for my requirement.

The logins of the file is-

userid-- USER

password-  USER

Please help!

10 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no such thing as "conditional data reduction". Data is either reduced away because of not being linked to the current SA table entry, or kept available because of being linked to the current SA table entry.

All links in this story are explicit, as they are in every QlikView Data Model.

If you want to reduce some data and keep some other data, you have to make sure that at all times links exist to all tables and all rows that you want to keep, no matter who is accessing your document.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you want to reduce some data and keep some other data, you have to make sure that at all times links exist to all tables and all rows that you want to keep, no matter who is accessing your document.

Best,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please explain me the above statement with a example.

Also, if possible could you use my sample app to show it.

Thanks for your time!

florentina_doga
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

pls see attach

florentina_doga
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

and for user modify acces like this

florentina_doga
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

maibe this

florentina_doga
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

try to user user

or admin admin

password and user

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Florentina,

Mine is a data reduction problem.

I think i am not clear with my requirement.

I have now simplified my the model with comments in the script.

All i want section access to reduce the data on fields in Sales table, but not in Problems table.

eg- PRODUCT field should show 'ZZ' value in the listbox.

eg- similarly, SYSTEM field should show 'Peoplesoft' and 'Microsoft' values in listbox.

My front end requirement is to analyze Sales & Problems data side by side, so i want to concatenate both the fact tables. I am find with duplicating the fields the common fields if that solves my problem.

logins-

user-  user

password- user

Please help!

florentina_doga
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi

You had no connection between the facts and the discount table.
I hope to be what you want

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any inputs please.