Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

security on qvw stops it reloading in the management console

Hi

I have been looking at adding security to our Qlikview reports in order to restrict access.

I have followed the steps in a Qlikview tutorial and all appears to work ok as far as it asks for a username and password to access it.

The problem I have is when the report is reloaded in the management console it fails.

The username and password details are in a csv file, the paths are correct in the scripts to that csv file.

I have even tried ticking section access on the reload tab in the management console and putting in my admin username and password. Nothing works.

I have attached the qvw so you can see how I have done the security. Is there a better way of doing this within the console?

Thanks

Steve

9 Replies
mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

I'm not sure of the format of your csv file. Have you tried appending the domain name to your user id's in the csv file?

like for example if your user id is mj123@gmail.com if your domain is Admin, then your user id becomes

Admin\mj123@gmail.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mahesh

Just tried that. I didn't have the domain prefix in before so I added it and forced a reload. It still errors.

Steve

mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

Hmm sorry I cant think of any other way unless I can see the way it is implemented.

One last thing you can try is remove the domain names from csv as suggested before and make all the user id's upper case.

Not applicable
Author

Ok will give it a go. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

maybe it's inpropper question, but did you gave access the qlikview application itself?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mahesh

Sorry that didn't work either.

Thanks Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have added the local user that the management console is running on and also my domain admin account to the spreadsheet but that has made no difference.

Thanks Steve

Not applicable
Author

Could you please post an user name and password to allow us checking how does the code look like?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I think you could use any username or password in a spreadsheet of the same name. It restricts access in the Qlikview application and also the access point when viewing the report. The problem comes when the management console tries to reload.

Steve