Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

select conditions before loading

Hello experts,

I have a simple question that I need to load data with dynamic filter conditions , for example

1.PNG

I'd like to select some ROIS round like '2016 Q4','2017 Q1' at front end and then reload the data, only '2016 Q4' and '2017 Q1' related data was needed

how should my load script looks like ?

Thanks

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

Hi,

I will wait for  of the other experts opinion, but what I propose to you is to use the button at the top (for example "evaluation"), I will add in addition to the actions that you put an action where I will add a 'VBScript' which saves the selection in a file (csv for example) then I will load the file in load script and I will filter on the values.

so the action of the button :
1-create the file which contains the selected list
2-reload the script

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello

Thanks for your reply , I'm quite sure your solution would work

it would be perfect if we don't need to create any temp files, let's wait for other solutions

thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In Qliksense we have ODAG feature. But, In Qlikview i really not aware how it can be but @rwunderlich gave the hint from ODAG Possible in View Hope he will answer soon with the possibility

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you search QlikVIew ODAG you will find some examples and blogs.  I have not built this myself so I don't have a favorite reference to point out. 

-Rob

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just adding the following Design Blog post that may be of some further help on ODAG:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Big-Data-with-Qlik-One-method-does-not-fit-all/ba-p/1...

If you want to pursue that avenue in QlikView, I would recommend getting up with your account team to discuss, as you will likely need some help getting everything setup properly...

The following may be of interest too:

https://www.qlik.com/us/products/associative-big-data-index

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.