Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

select set of dates in listbox

Hi All,

I would like to see set of dates in listbox (Date) get selected up on the selection of list of values of list box(Days).

If possible pls share it with a working example..with the sample data given below.

listbox(Date )        Listbox(Days)

01-01-2015             Past 2 days --- when this get selected it should Select....04-01-2015 & 03-01-2015

02-01-2015             Past 3 days --- when this get selected it should Select....04-01-2015 , 03-01-2015 & 02-01-2015

03-01-2015

04-01-2015

Thanx in advance

Regards

Krishna

24 Replies
timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

In the excel you sent , dates are in m/d/yyyy format and in script as numeric Date ( like [42047] ).

And [Start Time],[End Time] are not in excel.

Do you want me to load new excel and implement your query solution on that. Then your old data will be lost. Shall I do that?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Timanshu,

No issues, if my old data get lost, as I already have the backup. The only thing I'm looking for is  some of kind solution to this problem.

Please let me know if you need  more inputs. Once again thnx for your support

Regards

Krishna

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

look for attached qvw.

There are two ways to select dates: By Button click and by Listbox selection. Choose what you like.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Timanshu,

Thnx very much....I have tried this before , I don't understand the purpose of loading of  Date to New_Date, then it serves no purpose if we keep writing the same conversion expression every where we use in the application...... I'm trying out  Rob's solution... .....may be it would take some time, let's see how it would fit the purpose...Recently we faced the same problem in my organization but it was related to informatica plugin.... issue of date format...finally it was fixed at ETL end ..not on Qlikview end....

Regards

Krishna...

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Actually Only requirement of date is that it should have year too.

You can do the same thing by taking numeric dates too, then requirement of changing date format will not be meant.

However, Rob's idea is really awesome.