Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajap123
Creator II
Creator II

'select' sql script in qv script editor

Hi All,

I always thinking that qlikview doesnt support sql script(Eg-sql server/oracle). However, I see that, i can use any retrieving query(Eg-selct statement with join/where etc) below the load statment and click on reload button to fetch data from source database.

My question, is-

can i just use any complex sql code (with various joins and conditions)below the qlikview load statement to fetch data from db, so that i no need to do complex transformation in qlikview??

1 Solution
6 Replies
Not applicable

Yes, that's possible

Kind regards

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

that is an interesting point - can anyone add a word or two on how that affects performance (under a c.p. scenario, is it better (in terms of resource-usage) to do transformations in SQL or in QV_script?

Since QlikView is not an SQL-based tool, but it "merely" supports the use of SQL, I suppose it should be faster to do transformations in QV_script?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Suraj,

everything after "SQL" is passed thru the connector. So, in the case of ODBC/OLEDB it's usually a SELECT statement of any complexity (it will not be touched at all), in case of other connectors it could be something different.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP

I would say it depends. There is no one way or another...

Astrato.io Head of R&D
surajap123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot for the valuable inputs..