Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

sent to excel (export chart data)

Hi guys,

I have one particular question to you. When I export chart data to excel (Send to excel) with a little data volume then it exports well (takes account formatting), but when do the same but only with a big data volume then exports with losing formatting (columns represents without formatting and Total column shows it as text). Please see attached sheets examples. Thanks for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you export a table with more than 65500 or so rows the data will be exported to a csv file instead of in excel format. You can change this setting with the RowLimitForCsvInsteadOfXls easter egg setting. You can find this setting by right clicking the qlikview icon in the left below corner of the About Qlikview window that can be opened from the Help menu.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you export a table with more than 65500 or so rows the data will be exported to a csv file instead of in excel format. You can change this setting with the RowLimitForCsvInsteadOfXls easter egg setting. You can find this setting by right clicking the qlikview icon in the left below corner of the About Qlikview window that can be opened from the Help menu.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

thank you very much, Great!

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Great Gysbert, where you are learning this type of stuff?

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert! I have one more question to you regarding this row number. I have changed RowLimitForCsvInsteadOfXls on 500 000 (1 048 576 value), but my excel creates sheets - first one has 65536 and remaining rows moves to second sheet. But I have to see all records only in one sheet (I have excel 2010).