Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II

set analysis based on date logic not working as coded

I have set analysis coded on a variable below.  In a chart I have selections based on [Calendar Date]. [Entry Date] in the fact records join to [Calendar Date] in the calendar table.  I wish to limit my results to records where [Target Resolve Date Time] is less than or equal to the max [Calendar Date] selected from the calendar. I then use max([Calendar Date]) in my code to achieve this.  [Target Resolve Date Time] is a datetime attribute of the fact record and does not join to the calendar.

This below produces a correct result except that it does not take into account the needed Target Resolve Date logic:

sum({$<[DateType={'Entry'}>} [Case Count])

This below should work, but does not:  It produces a 0 result. I added the +1 to ensure that I get records to include an additional (next) day.  I have confirmed that there are severl facts records for data to support the added clause:

sum({$< [DateType='Entry'], [Target Resolve Date Time]={"<=$(=max([Calendar Date])+1)"} >} [Case Count])

If the max([Calendar Date]) returns 2/27/2015, (for the fact data that displays in the chart), BUT I my calendar selection list has "Feb-2015" selected, I wish to include 2/28/2015 in my set analysis.  If gets filtered out because there is no fact data on 2/28/2015.   However I still expect to return a value greater than 0.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I got rid of the = in front of max() and it worked.  this below works:
sum({$< [DateType='Entry'], [Target Resolve Date Time]={"<=$(max([Calendar Date])+1)"} >} [Case Count])

I had thought that expressions require the = in front of them when used in set analysis. I guess not.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I got rid of the = in front of max() and it worked.  this below works:
sum({$< [DateType='Entry'], [Target Resolve Date Time]={"<=$(max([Calendar Date])+1)"} >} [Case Count])

I had thought that expressions require the = in front of them when used in set analysis. I guess not.