Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riishabhz
Creator
Creator

sql data automatically refresh

hello every one.

my question is that now i have connected my sql in to qlikview and tables in sql are updated every day and have so much of information in them. is there a way to automatically refresh the sql table because manually when i do it starts from 2013/01/01 to current date and its very time cosuming as it takes around 1hr to load just for one day sql data .

hope i am clear about my question.

ps my data is in sql and i have connected already to qlikview.

2 Replies
gf
Creator III
Creator III

If your project runs on a server, it should be no problem. Just reload it every day at 11 pm or maybe 5 am.
Vegar
MVP
MVP

It can be really time and resource consuming to load the whole database every time, you could look into the concept of incremental load. A setup where you only fetch the new and updated dataset from the database and store all historic data in a QVD layer. 

You may choose to fetch the updated data on a daily, hourly or whatever frequency you like (or your system can handle)

From Qlik help page: Using QVD files for incremental loadFrom Qlik help page: Using QVD files for incremental load

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QVD_Incremental...