Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III

sub total pivot table

Hi ,

Can someone explain how to total the below pivot table example at the AcctPrefix

subtotal for  6 should be 13 , 7 should be 18 etc,  I've tried using the sub total option under the presentation tab and it's  not working

Thanks in advance

Expenses.PNG

11 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

This should work

Go to presentation tab

Select your dimension and tick show partial sum

If this not work, then upload sample app to check!

sunny_talwar

What expression did you use for AcctPrefix?

ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

Navigate to Presentation Tab - > Select Dimension Level1 Desc-> Select Show Partial Sums.

Thanks

CY

jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

AcctPrefix is a dimension not an expression. Partial sums does not work. See belowEX1.PNG Ex2.PNG

ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

Navigate to Presentation Tab - > Select Dimension Level1 Desc-> Select Show Partial Sums.

Thanks

CY

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Provide sample app to check.. Otherwise difficult to answer based on screenshots.

jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Guys ,

"select show partial sum" does not work on either dimension or a combination of both dimensions.

The only thing missing from the screen shots is an expression which is sum(amount)

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

I just tried with sample data like below and it's working.. we need your app to understand what is wrong..Capture.JPG

jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I recreated the pivot chart and used the "select show partial sum" on the Level1Desc and now it's working.

Not sure why, maybe i changed a setting while trying to get it to work that need to be set a certain way.

This time i took all the defaults.

Thanks again