Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

sum of flagged values

Hi there experts,

I am kind of new on Qlikview. I am trying to find the sum of the percentage of values whith a specicic flag in my document. I tried sum(total Flag * percentage)

buts did not work.Any ideas. The Flag and the percentage are complex expresion calculated in the straight table.See attached file.Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't use column names in other expressions if you use aggregations. So an expression Flag*Percentage will return a result for the rows, but not for the total. You can set the Total Mode to Sum of Rows to get a total of sum of the values in the rows. If you need to do aggregations you'll need to use the expressions you created for Flag and Percentage instead of the column names (= expression labels)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't use column names in other expressions if you use aggregations. So an expression Flag*Percentage will return a result for the rows, but not for the total. You can set the Total Mode to Sum of Rows to get a total of sum of the values in the rows. If you need to do aggregations you'll need to use the expressions you created for Flag and Percentage instead of the column names (= expression labels)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help Gysbert.

I have an additional question on this matter.

Is there and way to use Total Mode Sum as an dimention in a graph.

For example illustrate the sum of these specific values in comparison with all the other values, is it possible in a pie chart??