Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

table box set analysis

Hi,

Is it possible to somehow do a type of set analysis in QlikView for a table box.

I want to display the fields as shown in the list below but I only want to include the ones where Activity equals 2 or 3. Where do I write the syntax (I think I know how to write that too but suggestions are always welcome)

Qlikview.png

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

You cannot use set analysis in table box object... alternative is to use straight table or some manipulation in the script to create a flag like this -> If(Match(Activity, 2, 3), 1) as Flag and then use this Flag in the table box with 'Omit When Where Field is NULL'

marcus_sommer

It's not possible within a tablebox but you could use a straight-table for it and implementing the condition in a dimension and enable then to hide NULL within this dimension, maybe something like this:

if(not match(Activity, 2, 3), StartDate)

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay Thank you for your quick answer.

I find this weird since it's a simple sort function in excel and it's always hard to motivate using Qlik when things are easier in Excel

I'll look into your suggestion and see what I can do.

andrei_delta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

you can do these 2 things:

1. as you tried with Calculation Condition:

make a variable eg. vCondition = getfieldselections()  (note: be careful to your selections cause it accepts more than one)

then go to table put condition: $(vCondition)='4'  and when the value 4 isn t selected you will get a screen with calculation unfulfilled.

2. you can go table box properties -> layout - > conditional Show and put the condition ( $(vCondition)=4 ) there and the object disappears completely when the selected values doesnt corespond with the condition set.

Hope it helps,

Andrew