Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

table row count different reload vs restart

I'm getting different row counts when I reload the app vs. when I exit and restart the app.

The table viewer shows identical table views and table attributes.

The app performs correctly with the "after reload" set.

I've removed all actions.

Why would the table row counts be different?  I would expect them to be the same.

Any hints on what I should look at to solve this?

Edited:

bump & minor reformatting.

John

11.20 SR9

12 Replies
Colin-Albert

Yes, section access will make a difference.

On the server, the QDS service account must be given full access in the Section Access script to ensure all data is loaded. If not then the server will only load the data it has been given permission to see.

Also it depends on whether the options for "Initial Data Reduction on Open" and "Strict Exclusion" are set, and who then opens the document. This will apply any data restrictions set in the section access script for that user.

Not applicable
Author

Colin,

Thank you.

Un-checking "Initial Data Reduction ..." fixed the app problem.

Now to see if this affects the security settings.

John

Colin-Albert

I would suggest you add the service account to section access, and set the field permissions correctly so the service account  can access all data, and then re-enable the "Initial Data Reduction" option.

The data reduction is how Section Access removes data users do not have permission to see, thus giving the data security.