Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

using web ticket with div integration (workbench)

I was wondering if it is possible to use web ticket with workbench. We had a conference call with someone who showed us workbench with Active Directory, the trouble is all of our users are online and connect through a web ticket.

Also since we are using MVC and not web forms we would prefer to use only the js API and not using the workbench tool for Visual Studio. We are open to having to use the Visual Studio tool if that is the only way it would work.

In the API we found this ticket field but we are not sure if that is a web ticket or something else entirely. The API, as you will notice, isn't very elaborate.

With all that said... The most important thing we would like to know is would it even be possible to use a web ticket with div integration, and if so, how would you go about doing that?

Thank you!

Shawn

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shawn,

Did you ever find out if you can use a webticket with workbench (div integration)? I have found the exact same issue and the lack of documentation really really frustration.

You would make my day if you did?

-Chris

Not applicable
Author

Glad to make your day! Yes, we have been using web ticket with div integration!

Agree with the lack of documentation, luckily at our work we have someone who is very clever and very determined so he has been McGuyvering a whole bunch of fixes to get things to work with our system.

The thing that worked for us was redirecting to the QvAjaxZfc/Authenticate.aspx page, passing the webticket and the page it should redirect to as query string parameters.

Here is an example URL to get it working

http://yourserver/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx?type=html&webticket=YourWebTicket&try=http%3A%2F%2FYou...

And note that the QvAjaxZfc website is on the same domain as the website the div integration is in

Hope that helps!

Not applicable
Author

Here is a code excerpt that may be helpful.

Qv.InitWorkBench({
View: "UserDocs/YourQvwFileNameWithoutExtension",
Host: "QVS@qv-test",
InitialSelections: [],

//Note: BodyOnLoadFunctionNames seems to ignore the function if it contains a period in the name... which is why this function is purposely NOT namespaced 
BodyOnLoadFunctionNames: "QvReportOnLoad"
});

QvReportOnLoad = function () {
    //Code here will execute after workbench is initialized
}

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shawn,

Appreciate at that...I am glad that I am not the only person running into these issues.

I did see the Authenticate.aspx and try that route but was trying to get a user authenticated without the user having to be re-directed via Qlikview server. I did try to authenticate via the JavaScript but it appears Qlikvew was too clever for that.

Did you ever manage to get a DIV hosted on a server away from the Qlikview server?

Not applicable
Author

we copied the entire QvAjaxZfc website to the same server as our div integration website.  The QlikView server is indeed on another server, but we use the copied QvAjaxZfc website since it's on the same domain as the div integration website.. which has the benefit of no cross-domain javascript issues.

Also, the redirection to authentication.aspx is seamless. The user can't tell that a redirect takes place because it will immediately redirect from there to the url specified in the "try" parameter.