Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QSense
Creator II
Creator II

wildmatch function

Hi ,

I have a field it includes number and string text such as 1234 abcd,4321 desf

I want to use wildmatch function in order to get numbers

My code example is

if(WildMatch(Field,'*300914*','*120001031*')=1,'good','bad') but this code is working only for ' 300914'

it doesn not work both situation  (300914 and 120001031)

12 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Richard,

You could use a straight or pivot table with clientId as dimension. Attached a sample application .

Hope it helps!

biggusdoggus
Creator
Creator

Thanks Kiruthi

Sorry, to clarify - where in your script do I specify 'Car' and 'Boat' please? I'm really not sure where this fits...

cheers

ffd
Employee
Employee

Hi Richard - I think Kiruthi's solution should work. To rephrase your question, if I understand correctly, you want to know how many rows with a value for client ID are associated with Product ~ "*Car*" and Product ~ "*Boat*". 

To rephrase that again:

How many distinct clientID remain selectable (count)

if the set of all clientIDs is reduced to ( { < restrictions> }

the intersection of  ( set modifier asterisk = intersection)

the set of clientIDs that are possible to select when Product contains Car  (p for possible function)

and

the set of clientIDs possible to select when Product contains Boat.

I think you may need to use wildcard search in the set expressions, though, for instance p({<[Products] = {"*Car*"}>})

To read more about set modification, check this out: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/ChartFunctions/SetAnalysis/set-modifier...