Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calendar Disabled When View On QV Server

Hello,

I noticed that calerdar is displayed correctly when developed in Qlikview Desktop.  However, when display on QV Server, Calerdar selection is disabled.

Attached is the calendar user sees, which you can tell all other dates (besides today) are disabled. 

Any reason why?  Is this a known bug?

Thanks for your help!

18 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That doesn't look like a standard calendar object. It looks like a pivot table formatted to be a calendar?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

VERY STRANGE.

It is definitely a calendar object (see attachment) that I see when clicking on the object.

Here is two scenario that I am experiencing: (mailingdate is the field name)

mailingdate --> "01/24/2011"

Result --> Calendar object shows up but does not allow user to select other dates (see original attachment)

date(mailingdate) --> "1/24/2011"

Result --> Calendar object DOES NOT show up when I click on the icon!!!

Not applicable
Author

Also, I thought Calendar feature was working in QV v10 SR2, so the recent upgrade to QV v11 might have disabled the Calendar feature.  Would that be the case?  Anyone also experience this bug?  Or is there some settings on the server that I have to enable for Calendar controls to work successfully?

Sincerely.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your screenshot is not a calendar object I recognize. Any way you can post a qvw?

Not applicable
Author

I've attached the QVW.

Two issues:

1. Calendar is disabled (see screenshot attachment)

2. MailingDate filters DID NOT show distinct values (1/1/2012, 1/2/2012).  Why is it showing all the duplicate values?  Transaction_Date is more granular, so underlying dataset has duplicate MailingDate values, but filter should not have dups, right?

Thanks for your help!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My fault. I didn't recognize the Calendar in webview.

Your dates are repeating in the listboxes and don't match anything in the Calendar because the MAILINGDATE and LAWDATE values are not dates -- they are timestamps. They still have the fractional portion that represents a time. In your script:

Date(transaction_date,'MM/DD/YYYY') AS MAILINGDATE

only changes the display format. It does not convert to a date value. The correct statement is:

Date(floor(transaction_date),'MM/DD/YYYY') AS MAILINGDATE

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

That solved the distinct list box issue. 

However, the major bug is not resolved yet! 

As you can see from the the attached, on the server version, the calendar navigation is still DISABLED.  User is unable to select other dates.  

Server version is --> QV 11 11149

Your help is much appreciated for this pesky bug.

Not applicable
Author

I have exactly the same issue! And I'm using the newest version (SR1 11282) I have no problem displaying in the desktop webview. But when I open it through the AJAX client, the calendar is disabled! Is this a bug?

Calendar in AJAX:-

calendar-server.PNG

Same calendar in webview:-

calendar-webview.PNG

peter_rtf06
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Wow!!! I have exactly the same problem!!!!! any idea?