Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II

QMC Reload task trigger based on windows scheduler application completes

Hi All,

In one Qlikview application i am writing a macro whenever the reload completes. When i am running the same application in QMC the application refreshing correctly but not exporting the file that i written in the macro code. The same code is working when i did the refresh in manual or through windows scheduler. I looked some of the posts in the community and got confirmed through QMC refresh we can n't run the post reload triggers.

Due to that, I have created a batch file and refreshing the application through windows scheduler. After successful reload of this application, i need to refresh the another application through QMC only.

Can any one help me, how can we create the trigger and refresh the application through QMC.

AAK
5 Replies
sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III

You can write an app that will evaluate if data is there. if it is not there you can put a condition that will fail the reload and if it is there it will reload the app successfully. This can run every 5 min as it will be a very light app.

ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi sibusiso90‌,

Can you explain a little bit detail. I need to create a new app or something else.

AAK
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use another command line tool called QMSEDX.exe at the end of your Windows Scheduler task to trigger a subsequent reload by the Distribution Service.

[Edit] Posting QMSEDX Enhanced as an attachment, because the original Community Document seems to have disappeared: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5111 Note that the original page that details the use of this tool can still be found in the Google Cache.

ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Peter,

I am not able to open the given link, i thought it was moved to some other URL.

Is there any method without installing any software, because i need to implement in server and the client side people not allowed to install any software. Is there any alternative method.

Thanks

AAK
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No that document is gone altogether. I'm getting the same error message as you do. I posted the original archive instead (see attachment)

AFAIK there is no other method except by using QMSEDX or writing custom software that sends Web Service messages. You do not need to install any software, just unzip, configure and use the included QMSEDX.exe. It works from both a Windows Scheduler job on your server as well as Task Scheduler jobs on remote clients. All it does is send a signal to a task trigger defined as "On an External Event" in the QMS. Nothing more.