Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pk2019
Partner - Contributor III

QlikSense Bug with Master Library

Hi Qlik Community,

Issue: Master Library keeps Dimensions and Measures of Data that no longer exists.

Expected Result: Master Library should not keep the Dimensions and Measures of Deleted/Remove Tables or Data

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load any Inline Data (I have Country as Dimension and Sum(Sales) as Measure that I added to master library)

2. Create Dimensions and/or Measures to add to Master Library

3. Remove the inline Data by deleting it from Data Load Editor

4. Add new Inline Data and Click Load Data (I have Country as Dimension and Sum(Sales) as Measure that I added to master library)

5. Add new Dimensions and Measures

6. Create New Sheet

7. Go to Master Library

Actual Results: The Dimensions and Measures of the first and deleted data is still in the Master Library.

Question:

Once I delete an Inline data, how do I also remove the master items with it?

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Once I delete an Inline data, how do I also remove the master items with it?

By going to the Master Items library and removing the items you feel you no longer need.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
pk2019
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I think your suggestion is the workaround, but this is still a bug, and how the system should work is to prevent duplicates, either by overwriting the dimensions and measures or by giving an error message upon adding the duplicate.

Regards,

Paul

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think it's a bug. Suppose you're developing and modify the script and only load part of the data. Then all the master items you defined that depend on it are removed. Now you need to recreate those when you're done developing and reload the full set of data again. I don't want an app to automagically remove things I put in myself manually with a purpose that app cannot know about.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand