Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

module password

Hi i forget module password , how can i reset it ( there is no macros there)

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you forgot password to access qlikview document or password in hidden script... sorry but you need to create every thing again.

Don't have solution...

Not applicable
Author

The only solution is that i hope for you that you have a back up with no hidden script.

Good luck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi.

I know this is an old post but this might be usefull for other users.

I managed to find a workaround for this using the -prj source safe solution:

1 - Backup your qvw.

2 - Create a folder with the same name as the qvw file.

3 - Open your file in Qlikview Desktop and save it. Check the -prj folder, and see that it has some hundreds of xml and txt files. Remove the qvw from the folder (or delete it).

4 - Delete (or move to another folder) the file DocBinary.dat.

5 - Create a new empty file in the same folder with Qlikview Desktop. Close the app, and rename that file to the main file's name. Open the new renamed file.

6 - Check if your objects are available. Reload the QVW. Check it for consistency.

7 - Check if you can open the module editor now.

8 - Import reports from the older file by Export/Import or copy.

Considerations:

Some objects do not pass some formatting data (ie.: Container colors are broken).

Reports disappear in this process. You have to copy or Export/Import them manually.

Hidden scripts and Secured Macros wont be available. If you don't have a backup this is not a way to hack it in.

Sheet Order might be incorrect since it loads the sheet ordered by sheet id.

Hope it helps.

Miguel Catalão

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Miguel,

That's very interesting!

... we have to be more careful with the -prj folders since you can rebuild the app with it

It would be nice if I could disable the creation of files for the -prj folder for a specific document.

Regards,

Erich