Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III

Rfc communication exception Error while running the script in the Azure Environment ?

Migrated the apps into Microsoft Azure environment and setting up the tasks in the QMC, when we tried to run one of the app it is throwing below error...

Complete new to this kind of errors, can any body please suggest us how to fix this,

Custom connector error

Connector reply error: RfcCommunicationException:
LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host qlkvwdevapps005 with Unicode
ERROR       partner 'p91.apps.jon.com:3353' not reached
TIME        Tue Jun 11 16:01:27 2019
RELEASE     721
COMPONENT   NI (network interface)
VERSION     40
RC          -10
MODULE      nixxi.cpp
LINE        3283
DETAIL      NiPConnect2: 10.293.229.70:3303
SYSTEM CALL connect
ERRNO       10060
ERRNO TEXT  WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out
COUNTER     5

Thanks Much in advance.

Best Regards,

Dhasharadh.

4 Replies
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Adding one important point  :  got to know that we are using the Qv web server in the local environment and IIS in the Azure Cloud environment.

By any chance is it impacting the connection and leading to the above script error.

Please provide your valuable inputs, Thanks Much in advance.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Need a lot more detail here in order to assist you, what is running where etc. and what is throwing the Rfc exception?  Full architecture of your environment as far as which services are running on which boxes/environment and where that Rfc exception is occurring, is that in one of our logs, or Windows Event Viewer log?  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Much for your reply BrettBleess,

last time when this issue came it was sorted with a normal re run, but this time even after re running the apps in the QMC we are getting the same error.

attaching the Document log from the last 3 days runs, please go through it and let me us know what we are missing on  ?

Little back ground : we recently migrated from On premise environment to Azure Cloud and also updated from QV11 to Qv12.  Source is Oracle.

Thanks Again.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The key thing is the following:

2019-11-09 04:45:05 ERROR partner 'W81.apps.jon.com:7793' not reached

It would appear you have a port issue or security related problem, do not believe this is going to be a Qlik issue, it is most likely something you are going to find better assistance out on the Oracle side of things, would search in the Oracle Community on this one, as I would expect there to be more information there in this case.  Hopefully this will help you find something, but I am pretty sure it is either the port is not the correct port, or there is something security related blocking the connection.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.