Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

Qvd file does not exists while updating updating oracle tables using qlik incremental generator

Hi Expert,

I am trying to create a dash board from Oracle EBS using qlikview.

Everything is working fine. Uploaded the qvc file and all the qvd files are also getting generated. I am getting an error

27/09/2015 2:58:23 PM: 1686     'INFO' as [Qvc.LogMessage_Level],
27/09/2015 2:58:23 PM: 1687          num(7, '00000') & ' ' & now(1) & '; ' & 'QVD ..\QVDs\\XX_AP_INVOICE_LINES_ALL.qvd does not exist. Doing full reload where IL_LAST_UPDATE_DATE >= TIMESTAMP ''1990-01-01 00:00:00''.' as [Qvc.LogMessage]

27/09/2015 2:58:23 PM: 1688          AUTOGENERATE 1

I can see that XX_AP_INVOICE_LINES_ALL.qvd is getting generated under XX_AP_INVOICE_LINES_ALL.qvd then also i am getting an error it does not exist.

I am using the below to upload invoice tables.

CALL Qvc.Log('>>>  Incremental Load of AP Invoices All with inserts & updates');

// Calling parameters are Tablename, UpdateColumn, QVD_PrimaryKey.

CALL Qvc.IncrementalSetup ('XX_AP_INVOICES_ALL', 'IH_LAST_UPDATE_DATE', 'INVOICE_ID');

Directory;

[$(Qvc.Loader.v.Tablename)]: // vTablename is set by the IncrementalSetup routine.

LOAD *;

SQL SELECT *

FROM XX_AP_INVOICES_ALL

WHERE  $(Qvc.Loader.v.IncrementalExpression); // IncrementalExpression is set up the Qvc.IncrementalSetup routine.                        

Call Qvc.Log ('AP Invoices All Incremental Expression = ' & '$(Qvc.Loader.v.IncrementalExpression)');

// Log the ending stats

Call Qvc.Log ('$(Qvc.Loader.v.Tablename) loaded, rows=' & num(NoOfRows('$(Qvc.Loader.v.Tablename)'), '#,##0'));

// Update the QVD with the changed rows

CALL Qvc.IncrementalStore;

I don't where i am making a mistake.

Please suggest.

I have attached a log file.

Thanks

5 Replies

Re: Qvd file does not exists while updating updating oracle tables using qlik incremental generator

Just to clarify, the message will appear (it's not an error message) the first time the QVD is generated. Are you getting the message on subsequent runs?

I note that you are running a rather old version of QVC (8.2), The current version is 10.2.

I understand you are getting the message that the QVD does not exist even though it does. The only thing I can see wrong is that your

SET Qvc.Loader.v.QvdDirectory = '..\QVDs\'

should not have a trailing '\'. It should be:

SET Qvc.Loader.v.QvdDirectory = '..\QVDs'

Please try that and let me know if it fixes the problem

-Rob

sasiparupudi1
Honored Contributor III

Re: Qvd file does not exists while updating updating oracle tables using qlik incremental generator

I think you have an extra \ in your path.

27/09/2015 2:58:22 PM: 0145  CALL Qvc.IncrementalSetup ('XX_AP_INVOICES_ALL', 'IH_LAST_UPDATE_DATE', 'INVOICE_ID')

27/09/2015 2:58:22 PM: 1113    UNQUALIFY "_qvctemp.*"

27/09/2015 2:58:22 PM: 1116    LET _vForceFullReload=if(len('')= 0,'0', '')

27/09/2015 2:58:22 PM: 1119    IF len('IH_LAST_UPDATE_DATE')=0 AND NOT 0 THEN

27/09/2015 2:58:22 PM: 1125    SET _Qvc.Loader.v.ForceFullReload = '0'

27/09/2015 2:58:22 PM: 1127    SET Qvc.Loader.v.Tablename = 'XX_AP_INVOICES_ALL'

27/09/2015 2:58:22 PM: 1128    SET _Qvc.Loader.v.Tablename = 'XX_AP_INVOICES_ALL'

27/09/2015 2:58:22 PM: 1129    SET _Qvc.Loader.v.QvdFile = '..\QVDs\\XX_AP_INVOICES_ALL.qvd'

27/09/2015 2:58:22 PM: 1130    SET _Qvc.Loader.v.PrimaryKey = 'INVOICE_ID'

hth

Sasi

Not applicable

Hi Rob,

I am getting the message on the first run.

I ran the second it went fine

Ok, this is normal expected behavior. The message is informing you that the QVD is not found and a full reload will be done. It's not an error.

By the way, the best place to ask questions about using QVC (QlikView Components) is the QVC Forum at

Google Groups

-Rob

Not applicable

Thanks Rob,

Its working fine. Please let me know if can schedule the QVD incremental load generator.