Qlik Community

QlikView Extensions

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Extensions.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

svg map Problem

Hi all;

I have problem with a svg file of tehran area map;

in Inkscape software the map is properly shown and all the ids in xml editor is valid;but when i use the map in svg extension none of the parts of the map isn't viewable;

svg extension for other kinds of map is working very well so the problem is something with my map;

I'm using qlikview desktop not the server;

if anybody can help;

tnx;

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: svg map Problem

None of the polygons have an ID attribute that can be linked to a field in the data model in your qlikview document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
4 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

None of the polygons have an ID attribute that can be linked to a field in the data model in your qlikview document.

Not applicable

D‌ear gwassenaar

But in inkscape there are ids for polygons in this map as seen in the image attached below;

or I miss what you mean;

can u explain more about ids for polygon or if there is any doc about editing and solve the problem of this map ,I'll be regarded;

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Open the .svg file with a text editor like notepad. You'll see there are no identifiers for the polygons. Each polygon needs an attribute with a value that also exists as a value in a field in your qlikview document. Otherwise the polygons won't be connected to the data in your qlikview document.

Not applicable

thank you for help