Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export multiple QlikView objects into Excel from Ajax Client

Hello,

we are looking for a possibility, where end users can export multiple QlikView-Objects into excel in a nicely formatted way. This should be possible from Qlikview 12, Ajax Client and on demand. Of course data reduction based on section access should be effective while exporting and selections & selection status should be transfered into Excel as well. We have had this working via macros & IE-Plugin. However, since IE-Plugin will die out soon and macro functions regarding excel export do not work, we are forced to find alternatives for the Ajax Client.

We've already looked into NPrinting. However, it does not cover our requirements / does not work properly. Can anybody recommend a solution (could be add on Tools or extensions)?

Thanks alot!

Vahidenur Culha Flechl

4 Replies
tmathijssen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Why is Nprinting not covering your requirements?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

NPrinting can load local applications ver well. But as soon as we are trying to load from a QV-Server (another machine), it just won't. We going to give another chance with the latest Version though. 

tmathijssen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Can you view the log in the Nprinting server? There are a few things you need to take care of. The location on the developer machine and the server must be reachable from both sites. For example; C:%UserDir%\Nprinting will possibly not exist on the server site. To cover this, use relative paths or use a network share with enough rights. Also the service user for the Nprinting services cannot be the same as the Qlikview server. The Nprinting service user needs a Named call and Qlikview desktop needs to be installed on the Nprinting server.

Let me know if you need more help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom!

Thanks for your answer! I haven't install or configured NPrinting-Systems myself. But as far as I could see, we did almost everything you mentioned apart from the last last point: We haven't installed QlikView Desktop on the same machine as Nprinting Server. I hope this will solve the problem. Thanks again!