Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikhilraorane
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Fetching view from Qlikview using Impala ODBC driver.

Hi ,

I am fetching a view from Hadoop using impala ODBC driver 2.6.14. I am able to fetch many views having crores of data but in 2 views I get below error after a certain amount of records are fetched. 

"QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: SQL##f - SqlState: 08S01, ErrorCode: 120, ErrorMsg: [Cloudera][ImpalaODBC] (120) Error while retrieving data from in Impala: [08S01] : ImpalaThriftAPICallFailed".

Request inputs for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Raorane 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @nikhilraorane,

QlikView is receiving that error from the source, so this is not a QlikView error per se.  I did a Google search on the error and found an entry on the Cloudera Community portal - https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Error-message-from-ODBC-connection/td-p/89507, which states the following:

Each Impala Daemon can only accept a finite total number of active client connections, which is likely what you are running into.

Typically for concurrent access to a DB, it is better to use a connection pooling pattern with finite connections shared between threads of a single application. This avoids overloading a target server.

So suggest that you bring this error to your DBA or reach out to Cloudera Support.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @nikhilraorane,

QlikView is receiving that error from the source, so this is not a QlikView error per se.  I did a Google search on the error and found an entry on the Cloudera Community portal - https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Error-message-from-ODBC-connection/td-p/89507, which states the following:

Each Impala Daemon can only accept a finite total number of active client connections, which is likely what you are running into.

Typically for concurrent access to a DB, it is better to use a connection pooling pattern with finite connections shared between threads of a single application. This avoids overloading a target server.

So suggest that you bring this error to your DBA or reach out to Cloudera Support.

Best Regards

nikhilraorane
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky,

Just updating you that I successfully fetched data of the same view from Tableau and HUE Imapala multiple times. 

But in qlikview it fails.

Best Regards

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @nikhilraorane,

If you're not able to reach resolution with Cloudera Support or your DBA and you feel that this issue is a defect with QlikView, then you'll need to open a case with Qlik Support and provide the task/document logs, the connector logs, observed behavior vs. expected behavior.

Best Regards