Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Reload from Visual Studio

Hey all,

we have our script base (mostly QVD generators) set up in QVS files and we are using VS to edit them. Each time we want to test one of these QVS files we have to leave VS and do the reload in QV. I am wondering if its possible to reload a QVS from within VS ? Ideally see the script execution progress in VS as well...

If what i am looking for is possible, i‘d be happy about some hints and advise on how to do this. 

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This VSCode extension 

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=q-masters.vscode-qlik

lets you reload Qlik Sense from VSCode.  I know you posted in the QlikView forum, but sometimes posts get in the wrong place. If you are truly QlikView you would need to fire off a batch reload and then monitor the logfile for progress. 

-Rob

xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey Rob,

thanks for your feedback. I actually do use QlikView 🙂 Can you walk me through the batch approach ? How would it look like ?

Regards!
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QlikView server or Desktop?

xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

We're dev'ing locally. Thats where we'd like to reload from within VS. In the context of TEST and PROD, we're running a QV server, where Publisher takes care of reload and distribution.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Use the /r switch from the command line. Something like 

qv.exe /r my.qvw

You can run that from a VS Terminal or get fancy and do something with a build script in VS. 

-Rob