Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SVG Maps on QlikView/QlikSense with layers and dynamic drill down

Hi everyone,

First of all I'm new working with maps so I apologyse if I don't attach all you can need or if I make some mistake while I explain my issues and requirements.

I would like to know if its possible (and efective on performance) make a map on QlikView and/or QlikSense which contains some layers depending on what depth we need changing it with clicks or making selections on the application.

I try to get this point on QlikView with a great extension developed by bmz‌ (Quik Map, u can find it here: GitHub - brianwmunz/QuickMap-QV11: QlikView Extensions that plots coordinates as well as loads KML f...) but I encountered two issues:

1) I can't get a color expression which can define the boundaries of the regions and be dinamic on drill down at the same time. Only achieve some near to that with an expression who didnt apply color, then QlikView uses black by default.

2) The performance of the app, only with one map object its really bad so its hard to think about this as a solution for a real deployment.

I attached a file called "DobleMapa.qvw" (DoubleMap) where u can find how I simulated a drill down function on QlikView.

Secondly, I try to do this on QlikSense, for that I downloaded and installed the GeoQlik extension (Trial version), who admits to add several layers (across several shapes) to the document, but then I cant make it function as drill down dinamically, changing over different layers with a value or clicking on a region for go deeper.

I also attached a pic from my QlikSense app, where I show how I get many layers with some different deepth level but don't know how change between them dynamically.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help me to know if its possible to do that or not and what its the better way to get it.

Regards. Nahum.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Nahum,

In IdevioMaps for QlikView and Qlik Sense you have the possibility to create a dynamic drill-down functions. We would be happy to help you set it up.

As you would expect, the advantages of Idevio or GeoQlik are the many features and the better overall performance of the application. You should be able to set it up with GeoQlik too, have you tried to contact their support directly to get some assistance?

Have a great day!

Björn

Not applicable
Author

Hi BjornIngmansson,

Thanks for your reply,

Altought I named in my last post an external tool like Geoqlik, I try this solution as an exception and a final try because I won't use any external and licensed solution if I can get it through another way using existing tools and power who have QlikView/QlikSense.

I have contact with GeoQlik and will try to ask him about this funcionality but still hope anyone on QlikCommunity have any solution for me, included a "not, its not possible".

Regards. Nahum.