Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

PDF Generation failed

Hi All,

We are getting the below error while generating the PDF using publisher. Everything was working fine last week. Only the change we have done is initiated the installation of the PDF Pro( Nuance PDF Converter Professional 8), but stopped before providing serial number.

All the other jobs are working fine. The report which is failing is a simple report ( no complexities in that)

Please could you advise what steps needs to be done to rectify this.

Error details as per QlikView log:

05/06/2014 09:26:49     Error   Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=QDSMain.Exceptions.NoDocumentPackageFoundException: No Document Package found.

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GetDocumentPackage(ILogBucket logBucket, IDictionary`2 duplicateList, Document document, eDocumentType documentType, String url, Boolean showToolBar, String reportID, Int32 maxRetries, Int32 currentRetry)

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabPDFFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, String i_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)

05/06/2014 09:26:49     Error   The task "test" failed. Exception:

1. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=QDSMain.Exceptions.NoDocumentPackageFoundException: No Document Package found.

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GetDocumentPackage(ILogBucket logBucket, IDictionary`2 duplicateList, Document document, eDocumentType documentType, String url, Boolean showToolBar, String reportID, Int32 maxRetries, Int32 currentRetry)

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabPDFFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, String i_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.RevertOneAndAlwaysOne(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ReleaseQvb(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Thanks,

Sijo Joseph

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

It seems that your PDF printer is corrupted.

Installed the attached PDF printer.

and make sure you select PDF Xchange 3.0 printer as a default printer

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

It seems that your PDF printer is corrupted.

Installed the attached PDF printer.

and make sure you select PDF Xchange 3.0 printer as a default printer

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for the attached. Is this the trial version. Will it make a mark on the pdf that are generated.

Regards,

Sijo

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Sijo

This shipped with QV instillation.

You can use this without any issue.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

ASHFAQ is correct about using it without any issues. You can also try to the timeout.

To increase the PDF Printer timeout, do the following

• Locate the file settings.ini found in

Windows 2008 - C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch
Windows 2003 - C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch

• Add the setting PDFPrintTimeoutInSeconds in the [Settings 7] section

[Settings 7]
PDFPrintTimeoutInSeconds= 120

• Save settings.ini and restart QlikView Distribution Service

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.