Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create and Save data in Qlikview

Hi,

As done in the below video

QlikView ROI Calculator - 5000 User Scenario - YouTube

Can you please guide to the right track (study material)  to generate and save data scenarios in the qlikview? It's great for generating multiple P/L forecasting scenarios, comparing and discussing them in a meeting room!

Thanks in advance!

BR,

SAK

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shoaib,

When I saw that video I thought exactly the same.

I worked on a solution for quite a while, so I will share it with everyone here.

Make sure that in document properties -> Server -> Enable push from server and Enable Dynamic Data Update are enabled!

- First create variables for all inputfields that someone needs to fill in.

- Create the input fields

- Create a button, select actions -> Dynamic update (dynamic update will immediately add the specified data into your qlikview datamodel, no reloads required)

- Select some more actions (if you want) like set variable: 0

- Last action: Run Macro, this is to export a table to a .qvd file (the data is already in your qlikview, this is for storing)

Make a chart, (straight table) with all the fields you want to store in the .qvd file (I recommend all of the same fields as in the dynamic update). And put this chartnumber (for example: CH01) in the macro.

For this chart, it might be wise to put a conditional show in the

Please see the example for more details!

Scenarios.qvw

Now the value of this approach is that you do not only have the scenarios in the qlikview, you also have them stored in a .qvd file! (you might want to use these in another qlikview, as backup or for next reloads).

Hope this helps.

With regards,

JM

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shoaib,

When I saw that video I thought exactly the same.

I worked on a solution for quite a while, so I will share it with everyone here.

Make sure that in document properties -> Server -> Enable push from server and Enable Dynamic Data Update are enabled!

- First create variables for all inputfields that someone needs to fill in.

- Create the input fields

- Create a button, select actions -> Dynamic update (dynamic update will immediately add the specified data into your qlikview datamodel, no reloads required)

- Select some more actions (if you want) like set variable: 0

- Last action: Run Macro, this is to export a table to a .qvd file (the data is already in your qlikview, this is for storing)

Make a chart, (straight table) with all the fields you want to store in the .qvd file (I recommend all of the same fields as in the dynamic update). And put this chartnumber (for example: CH01) in the macro.

For this chart, it might be wise to put a conditional show in the

Please see the example for more details!

Scenarios.qvw

Now the value of this approach is that you do not only have the scenarios in the qlikview, you also have them stored in a .qvd file! (you might want to use these in another qlikview, as backup or for next reloads).

Hope this helps.

With regards,

JM

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jop,

I tested your Scenarios.qvw and it works great but I have a question.

It seems that the partial reload is not necessary.  I disabled the "ActiveDocument.PartialReload" from the last action Run Macro and it is still working.  Can you explain why do I need to do a partial reload at that time?

--> Last action: Run Macro

Sub ExportLocal()

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01")

obj.ExportEx "Scenario.qvd", 4

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitforIdle(1000)

'ActiveDocument.PartialReload

End Sub

Thanks,

Patrick