Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
vincentmecrin
New Contributor III

SQL Server Compact connection

Hello Everyone,

I have a SQL Server Compact database as source (.sdf file).

On other post, people are talking about Microsoft.SQLSERVER.CE.OLEDB.3.5 connector.

I tried to find it but nothing works.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thks

Vincent

3 Replies

Re: SQL Server Compact connection

Have you downloaded the OLEDB driver for SQL Server Compact? Of not go to www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5821. You can find more information at social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/cc6db680-1d33-4c9b-8b67-9334b3383904/sql-server-compact-ole-db-provider?forum=sqlce

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
vincentmecrin
New Contributor III

Thanks for reply.

I have already installed it. DLL files are visible in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5.

Still, i can't see SQL Server CE connector in Qlikview...

One of the posts in the discussion on social.msdn.microsoft.com mentions that the provider won't show up in the provider UI:

The provider can be used from code, will not appear in the standard OLEDB privider GUI lists.

A few posts below that there's this:

The OLEDB provider is a port of the OLEDB provider from Windows CE (Mobile), so it is not a fully featured/compliant as a "normal" OLEDB provider. It has problems with fields of type: image and ntext, for example. Therefore (I assume) it is not a visible as other OLEDB providers, and in my experience, does not work well with Office.

You can expose it with the following reg settings:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F49C559D-E9E5-467C-8C18-3326AAE4EBCC}\OLE DB Provider] 
@="SQL CE OleDB Provider"

Perhaps the above helps you. If not, try asking in the discussion I found this information in. It's not a Qlikview problem, but purely the OLEDB driver for SQL Server CE.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Community Browser