Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcflores
Contributor II
Contributor II

Static Select from Listbox in Qlik Sense

I am trying to select from a listbox in a Qlik Sense app with Type "Values", but I can't seem to hit the entry I need to select. Could someone please help point me in the right direction?

The listbox has five possible values. So in the Qlik Sense Scalability Tool's Select action I have specified Type=Values, and for Values I've listed 0, 1, 2, 3,4.  The qElemNumber of what I want to select is 1, so I specify Dimension=1 in the tool. When I execute the script however, I get a "Selection in object failed".

I saw another thread in this forum touching on how to determine these values in QV (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/Need-to-select-2-static-selections-from-Listbox-in-QV...), but is there a way to do something similar in Qlik Sense?

Ultimately I just need to select one entry in this listbox on a consistent basis. I've tried using SelectString using the qText value of the entry but that also fails.

3 Replies
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

To select qElemNumber 1 using mode "values", you need to enter enter "1" in the array of values to select. The dimension is the dimension number you are selecting in starting at 0. Since a listbox only have one dimension the dimension value should be 0.

E.g. like this for dimension:0, element value:1

dlo_0-1592201441443.png

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

To answer the other two issues:

@rcflores wrote:
I saw another thread in this forum touching on how to determine these values in QV (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/Need-to-select-2-static-selections-from-Listbox-in-QV...), but is there a way to do something similar in Qlik Sense?

To figure out the element values, the best way is to use browser dev tools, it "Network" filter on "WS", then click the websocket and "Messages" (firefox) or frames" (chrome).

dlo_0-1592202413317.png

@rcflores wrote:

Ultimately I just need to select one entry in this listbox on a consistent basis. I've tried using SelectString using the qText value of the entry but that also fails.

Did you use Dimension:1 here too? If dimension 0 was chosen and the "StringSelection" was the (case sensitive) qText value, this should have worked.

rcflores
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This info helps a lot. Thank you!