Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btrompetter
Contributor III
Contributor III

jmeter preCaching FAQ

Hallo,

I like the idea of precaching with jMeter.ANd want to start a FAQ.

Here are the Questions:

- Is it possible to select two values in a Multibox or Listbox? We need to calculate CY / PY and need to have both years in the selection.

- Is it possisble to select a bookmark?

Best wishes

Bastian

8 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Bookmark selection is not in version 0.8.

As for selecting multiple values, this is possible by modifying "Min number of selections" & "Max number of selections", if set to the same the virtual users will try and select that amount if possible. If they are not the same, users randomize amount of selections within that range.

/sebastian

Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please help me with the Qlikview Scalability tool.

Scenario: Qlikview application is 400-450 MB and when multiple users login it gives poor performance.For precaching we are using qlikview scalability and jmeter.

I have one more query,is it something that we require Qlikview publisher for the above process of precaching.

I am done with the prerequisite pdf as per Qlikview Scalability Tool.

I would like to get stepwise working for precaching.

Thanks,

Neha

Not applicable

please guide me for my queries.

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Recomended is to set up a triggered task that starts the script that will precache. The precaching is just a script simulating users performing selection, and filling up the cache with these selections, before the real users use the application. Unless you have already seen this, a guide for how to use precaching with jmeter is found here:

Quick tips #15 - Pre-caching with JMeter

Cheers

/Sebastian

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Please specify more precise what your questions are. As I mentioned above it is recomended to setup a task to trigger the precaching, for example after reload of a documnet - for that you need publisher (and the information is in the link I posted above). It is perfectly possible to do the precaching without publisher, in that case you need to set up the trigger yourself in some way or start it manually.

For the precaching script itself, it is a jmeter script, created using the scalability tools. It will perform selections you want to have cached before users enter the system. You need to define the scenario (what selections) that should be simulated with the tool - to prepopulate the cache.

/sebastian

Not applicable

Hi,

yes i could start it manually.But for triggering i need to start it through command line or bat file.

Thanks for your help!

Neha

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what the question currently is..

If you need a step by step guide to trigger precaching from the qmc then follow the guide posted above, otherwise you need to be more precise

cheers

/sebastian

Not applicable

Hi,

My application is approx 400MB huge and with many if else calculation at front end designing. Using qlikview scalability I am trying to get better performance but it seems like if els calculations reduces my response time on access point irrespective of use of qlikview scalability tool.

Could you just tell me what is the impact using if else condition at front end.

Thanks

Neha