Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btrompetter
Contributor III
Contributor III

preCaching Container

Hello,

I want to use preCaching for our large Dashboard. We have Monthly and Weekly Reports in a container object. I create a JMeter Script wich should open every Tab in the Container object to precache the calculation.

When I open the Dashboard after the JMeter execution the first container page looks fine and has the expected response. But when I switch to the next tab qlikview start to calculate and didn't use the cache.

Here is the JMeter example

JMeter Example.PNG.png

Best wishes

Bastian

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Bastian,

I'm guessing that you may have missed some objects on that sheet and they are not pre-caching.  To find out which ones may have been missed, you can open the document with QlikView Desktop (not with Access Point) to find out which objects are being calculated on the sheet in question.  Once you open the document in QlikView Desktop, go to Settings|Sheet Properties then select the Objects tab and see which object Calc Time is > 0.  That should tell you which objects are not cached (and hence are being calculated when you open the sheet).  Then go back to your J-Meter script and make sure you are including that Object.

Hope this helps.

btrompetter
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hallo Terry,

The Sheet Properties Setting is not available for me when I open the document on the server with the Desktop Client. Is there an option to deactivate the sheet settings?

Best wishes

Bastian

Not applicable

Bastian,

You must open the original QVW with QlikView.  It should be in the Source Documents folder on your server. If you are opening the original QVW (not a distributed version) you will be able to get to Sheet Properties and see if you missed any objects.  Alternatively, in the Script Generator tool, after you load the outline of the document, it will populate all the objects from every page.  You should be able to go to each page and select each object and pre-cache them.