Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Bookmark update

Henri_Rufin
Luminary
Luminary

Bookmark update

Many business users complain about the fact they can not update an existing bookmark. When a bookmark needs to be updated, you have to create a new one and suppress the old one. It would be great to make this easier for them by adding an update feature to existing bookmark.

16 Comments
millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

yes, and this is especially inconvenient if you've then used the bookmark in some other capacity, like a button, because if you need to change it you not only need to delete and recreate the bookmark, but also remember to fix the reference anywhere it was being used. Editing the bookmark would be much more seamless and less risk of a regression issue. 

I've used the individual field mapping in the new button features to get around this since you have to edit anyway, but those selections are much slower to apply than a bookmark for the end user, so it's also not a great solution. 

kuba_michalik1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Another use case where updating existing bookmark would be better than having to recreate it is the default bookmark for the app.

I don't think we need a capability to edit bookmarks directly, but an option to replace an existing bookmark with current selections, state etc. instead of creating a new one would be great.

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Yes please! 

msan
Partner - Contributor III

I totally agree.

Especially that you can share a bookmark and it gest shared by its id, not the name.

frheblou
Contributor II
Contributor II

Basic functionnality, upvoted

frigoar1
Contributor III
Contributor III

We have tens of users who create bookmarks and share them with their respective teams, i.e. 500+ published bookmarks within a single app.

We need features to:

- Search through bookmarks

- View for each one the selections in scope (like from the native feature)

- If security rules allow, I should be able to rename/publish/unpublish/change ownership/delete any bookmarks in the app

- Group bookmarks.

vishnu_annamane
Contributor
Contributor

Would be very useful if this is implemented.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. The underlying bookmark structure contains much than what is shown to the user and wouldn't suitable for hand edit. The workaround is to create a new bookmark to replace with.

Thanks, 

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Not Planned
jolof

Please add an option to replace an existing bookmark with current selections, state etc. instead of creating a new one. No edit, just allow using the same name again to overwrite the selections, location and state.

dannygarciacpi
Contributor II
Contributor II

I totally agree. Would be very useful.