Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Easier Export functionality

frankleijten
Contributor II
Contributor II

Easier Export functionality

In QlikSense I am missing the functionality to Export to Excel with just one click. In QlikView you have the "XL" button on a table. With one click the data is exported.

In Sense you have to click 5 or 6 times before your data is finally available in Excel.

This is a waste of time, highly inefficient. One click away...isn't that what you promote?

8 Comments
martingries
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

yes, 

very good idea. And i think there is already a similar idea to catch the selections and formats as well.

devan9876
Creator
Creator

I agree.  I also really miss the Copy DataTable to Clipboard option from Qlikview. Made it really easy to paste multiple datasets into the same spreadsheet.

Henri_Rufin
Luminary
Luminary

I guess they could add a new capability to the Button object where you could export data from an object available in the app by referring to the object Id. 

Great idea indeed. Lots of users do seek to export data all the time.

Kayleigh_Milewski
Contributor III
Contributor III

Also agree. Way too many steps to download as is.

psublue98
Creator
Creator

Other ideation post to add this functionality to the Button chart https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Add-export-action-to-native-Button-chart-extension/idi... 

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The new straight table will get new options for download and other actions. Not in the first release but hopefully soon after.
Thanks, Patric

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived