Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Please note! Google indexing and Bookmarks

Hello all 
We're currently getting a lot of questions regarding Google links and Bookmarks, so I wanted to post this here to let you all know we are working on these items. 

Google indexing
We are aware that when searching for Qlik Community, the links to the old Community is still part of the results. The community index is in process of building link redirects from old URLs to new URLs. While this process runs, links will become functional on a rolling basis.

Bookmarks
Local Bookmarks you have on your computer or in your browser that led to the old Community should be "translated" and redirected to the new Community. Some of you are reporting that this functionality is not always the case so we are also investigating this item. So yes, bookmarks you have in your browser should auto direct you from the old, to the new Community when the redirect index is completed.

However, any links/bookmarks you had saved under your profile in the Old Community are no longer available after the migration to the new platform. 

Hope this helps answers some of your concerns. 

All the best

-Mattias

I accept cookies.
Labels (1)
1 Reply
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee
Author

Hello all 

Just to verify that Google indexing and rerouting has come a long way since yesterday and all the test-searches I've performed today has proven successful. 

The link in the result on Google.com still appears to be incorrect at times, but the routing is now fully functioning. Meaning you're sent to the new community, even though the link is clearly pointing to the old. See example below. 

This Google result and link:

route.JPG

...still end up in the right place, here: 

route2.JPG

All the best

-Mattias

I accept cookies.