Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Questions on simultaneous file access

Greetings,

I searched for the following on this site but didn't have much luck:

1. Can more than one person at a time open .qvw file? If so, what if each person makes changes and then saves back at different times…the changes aren’t combined, correct?

2. If this is the case, can access to this file be configured such that if the file is already open, that another person can’t open it? Or, at the very least, have a warning message pop-up stating this file is already open for editing and one can only open a read-only copy, like we see with the MS Office apps?

3. How is this accomplished? Is one QVW file used where access to tabs is controlled or are two different QVW files used?

Is this information in the documentation anywhere as I couldn't locate.

Thanks,

Peter.

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Yes. If you try to save a file that has been modified by another user or application you get a message stating that the file has been modified and will be asked if you want to load the modified file or save your changes.

2. Not as far as I know.

3. Not, as far as I know.

You can use Subversion or TFS for source control if you have multiple users working on the same document so versions and changes can be managed properly.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for responding. I just couldn't locate any information in the documentation on this. I appreciate your input.

Regards,

Peter.