Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Activate Object OnActivateSheet

Hi all.

I use QV version 11 and would like to activate a object (have create a button based on a text object) when I click/open a sheet. I thought that I could use Sheet properties > Triggers > Add actions (OnActivateSheet) > Layout and Activate Object and then add the Object ID but it doesn't work.

Is there anyone that have a solution for this issue?

4 Replies
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

QlikView 11, OnActivate and OnDeactivate Sheet Object Event triggers have been removed from QlikView 11 and later. The sheet level triggers are still available though, only the object level has been removed.-- Check the release Notes

This might be helpful

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Activating an object just means that the object gets the focus. It does not make the object do anything. If you want to to execute a click event on the button then you will have to click manually. If you want to execute the actions assigned to the button then you can add the same actions to the OnActivate sheet trigger. But keep in mind that there are no guarantees that that trigger will work in the ajax client.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just tested - this particular trigger doesn't work even in Desktop.  Looks like a bug, because the same action works from a button, and other actions work OnActivate sheet trigger.

Anyway, the workaround is to add this action to the same button which activates the sheet.

Not applicable
Author

I have a similar problem... but I try to do set focus object with macros..... In desktop enviroment the macro works... but in server mode works but doesnt work the objects interaction... maybe caused for an error in the macro ... but I am not sure...

Someone that tried to resolve this problem with a Macro? or some idea to resolve this problem.... I use QV v9.0