cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

"Open QlikView Document" action with Ajax client

Hello community, we set up a QlikView document that contains links to other QlikView documents in the form of buttons with "Open QlikView Document" action. Everything works fine while using QlikView Desktop whereas, while using the Ajax client through the access point, links seem to be broken.

Other details:

• running "Small Business Edition"
  • all URLs are relative
  • "central" and linked documents are both under a mounted folder (we noticed that everything works fine when the involved documents are under the root folder)

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi ASHFAQ and thanks for your quick reply.

Using "Open URL" instead of "Open QlikView Document" is actually a good suggestion but, as far as I know, you cannot pass current state from an application to another; perhaps playing with bookmarks may lead you to a solution but it still sounds to me as a workaround.

Eventually we solved the issue by simply moving everything under the root folder. This, somehow, makes the action work properly.

To me it sounds like a bug.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Go through the below post.

http://community.qlik.com/message/220912#220912

Regards

ASHFAQ

googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi ASHFAQ and thanks for your quick reply.

Using "Open URL" instead of "Open QlikView Document" is actually a good suggestion but, as far as I know, you cannot pass current state from an application to another; perhaps playing with bookmarks may lead you to a solution but it still sounds to me as a workaround.

Eventually we solved the issue by simply moving everything under the root folder. This, somehow, makes the action work properly.

To me it sounds like a bug.

Thanks again.