Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide a data chart when there is no data to display

Hi Everyone,

I am new to qlikview.I have a gauge chart . when I change my filter conditions it shows a message "No data to display". I want to hide the chart when this condition takes place. i have allready checked out the links

Charts displaying

and

http://community.qlik.com/thread/34939

but they were not helpful for me.

Your help is appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You may handle that by adding your expression in show conditional option.

show.PNG.png

selvakumarsr
Creator
Creator

If you use the condition in Layout Tab.. In background it will calculate all the expression, some time it will affect your performance if the data is huge..General tab condition is the right option..

No data means what.. Take the specific column sum or count in the condition and try it.

Or post you condition here.. Lets see..

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

that scenario is feasible only ..

Steps : Got to chart Properties --> and click on Layout tab--> please give your expression in conditional .

Layout.png

SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

use condition error message

go to chart property-> general-> calculation Condition-> write here  'yourexpression=0'

and then @ same tab click on error messge-> calculation condition unfulfilled->write here No Data to display

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

check this qvw. U will find the same conditon in layout condition and calculated dimension.

HTH

ravi N.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

but I realized it that I have to write a condition in the  show conditional option.

but I am unable to handle the condition of there being no data to dispaly in an expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Look at the qvw that I have attached..Hope u will understand.:)

SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

have you tried my post .it is best way to display error when no data.

why need to hide. if it show no data to display then we can understand that there is some chart which will have data in future. but if you hide then no one can see

hope this make sense

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunil,

but my aim is not to change the error message.

i want to hide the chart itself.