cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create bar charts without dimensions

Hi,

While trying to create a Qlik Sense dashboard I could not find a way to create a bar chart without dimensions.

This is not something I use often but came in handy sometimes with Qlikview.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can create a dummy dimension on the Master Items tab, for example with valuelist('Dummy'). You can add this dimension to your bar chart. Finally you can set the Labels and title option for the x-axis to 'None'. That's a workaround, but basically you have a dimensionless bar chart this way.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can create a dummy dimension on the Master Items tab, for example with valuelist('Dummy'). You can add this dimension to your bar chart. Finally you can set the Labels and title option for the x-axis to 'None'. That's a workaround, but basically you have a dimensionless bar chart this way.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

Would a horizontal (or vertical) gauge (which only takes a measure) be more in-line with what you are looking for?

Please let us know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answer. A gauge would not do it since I use sometime to compare different financial metrics for the same product.

Nicolas

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK - cool. You could use multiple gauge charts next to each other as an example - or as Gysbert had mentioned - create a dummy dimension in the Master List:

Then adjust the labels:

Hope this helps

(Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.)

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is working fine. Thanks

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

nicole, consider pivoting your financial metrics into just 2 columns in your data model.

In the load script below  i create 2 metrics:   'Sales' and 'Costs' and I store them as Metric and Metric Value. In the screenshot below 'metric' is my dimension and sum(MetricValue) is my expression.

Orders:

LOAD

OrderID,

OrderDate,

CustomerID,

EmployeeID,

ShipperID,

ProductID,

Sales as MetricValue,

'Sales' as Metric

FROM 'lib://data 2/Orders.xls'

(biff, embedded labels, table is Orders$);