cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional show Straight table based on number of rows

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to do something simple but with no success.

Example is attached for reference.

I have a 'Draw your report' dashboard - where people should select the measures and dimensions they wish to see (done with conditional show for each measure and dimension).

As it is a large dataset behind, they must select at least one measure and dimension to see the output.

If they 'draw' a report on a high level - by month, products it is okay. But if they select the lowest level of details - sales order the table can become huge which I like to avoid.

Is there a way I can:

- hide the table if the number of rows exceeds given number

or

- show not more than let's say 10'000 lines preferably with a message that not all selection is displayed.

What I tried with no success:

- conditional show of the whole table with RowNo(Total) and  NoOfRows()

- using dimension limits to show 'first' 5 values - this works but as the real table contains more than 30 measures and 20 dimensions, and the users will select quite a few I think the output will be confusing to them and they will not realize what is displayed. Also in the real example they are a few columns almost unique not only one, so I prefer a whole table row 'count' rather than on specific dimension.

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Gysbert!

An excellent example that in most cases the elegant solution you are looking for could be small and simple

And not as straight forward to figure it out (at least by myself) quickly…

Many thanks….

By the way one comment. I tried this on server environment with like 10M rows…. And 30+ dimension to be selected by the users.

It works but when all dimension are selected the formula is struggling to get pass all the dimensions…

I guess the aggr functions is struggling with the huge number of rows and multiple dimensions….

So possible solution is to hide conditionally the dimension list box until users select let’s say a customer.

Then the dimensions are available for selection therefore the formula is calculated over a smaller data set and responds reasonably….