Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get data from xlsb to QlikView

I have a .xlsb (Excel Binary File) , I need data from this file in QlikView

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

Its easy,

1. Make sure Excel ODBC drivers are installed. It install by default most of the time while installing Office.

2. Go to Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) -> Choose User DSN -> Choose either 'Excel Files'from the list -> Press 'Configure' -> finally choose the file as ODBC source

Once the connection is addded successfully, In QV script editor you can select the odbc connection

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

if data from this file format has to loaded in Qlikview, we can not do with the help of "File Wizard", but for that we need to create a ODBC/OLE DB link to load the data.

See this thread

Loading Excel Binary File into Qlikview.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your replay , can u describe the steps to create ODBC connection.

I am a beginner in QV so please...

mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

Its easy,

1. Make sure Excel ODBC drivers are installed. It install by default most of the time while installing Office.

2. Go to Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) -> Choose User DSN -> Choose either 'Excel Files'from the list -> Press 'Configure' -> finally choose the file as ODBC source

Once the connection is addded successfully, In QV script editor you can select the odbc connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank a lot...

mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

You are most welcome..