disable clear button

Hi all,

How can I disable clear button by code?

Thanks alot.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't think it is possible. Try to explain why exactly you wnat to do it - there maybe another solution.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't think so, too. First, this is a very central function, second you need to hide the functionality of the clear button at some other places too. For exam: Get rid of the "Clear all selection" from the right-mouse-button menue. So what do you want to achieve ?

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

I have a similar wish, because I want to trap the Clear All event to make a change as to what list boxes are visible on the sheet(via macro)

The clear all button does not trigger the field onchange event

so, it would be good to disable the built in clear all and add my own clear all button.

Tim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm thinking about a way of doind this. Don't have time to try it myself, so here are the directions:
1. A macro will create and update a bookmark "Store Current Selections", and it must be triggered on any select.
2. Create a field, logical islang "ClearFlag", which in turn is selected on open and can be cleared only by Clear button (or similar action).
3. Another macro which is triggered by clearing of the "ClearFlag" field. This macro will call the bookmark "Store Current Selections".
I suspect it will be more complex than it looks here. Give it a try...