Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdupasqu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Event triggers for objects inside a container?

For some charts, I used to create triggers on the related sheet object (OnActivate event, for each chart).

Now that my charts are bound to a Container object, the OnActivate events have become useless and are not triggered anymore (i.e. when a Container tab is clicked).

Is there another kind of trigger event for Container tabs?

Thx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

No not currently. Is it a simple selection of a container tab that would be the trigger? Is there some other form of trigger you'd anticipate using with respect to contained objects?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

No not currently. Is it a simple selection of a container tab that would be the trigger? Is there some other form of trigger you'd anticipate using with respect to contained objects?

tdupasqu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, selecting a tab should trigger an event.

I would use the following events for a given Container's tab:

OnActivateTab
OnLeaveTab
OnMouseOverTab

I guess showing some infobox when the OnMouseOverTab is triggered would be useful too.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I'd like to add my desire for this too please!  OnActivating certain charts I'd like to hide/show some other objects on the sheet.  If the chart is in a container (which most are!) then this won't work.

Thanks,

Jason

Not applicable

Same problem here.

I want to to diplay/hide some object depending the tab selected in the container.

I would use an extra variable + display condition for other object.

But how to change the value of this variable depending of the container tab selected?

When would this function be release? Is there any bypass solution?

Thanks

Not applicable

Here's my approach for this problem.. I'm not sure if this addresses your problem but it might work for some people.

In my container I have 5 tabs (5 straight charts).

For one of those charts I need to clear one field on activate, and on deactivate select back previous selection.

To solve this, I copied this one chart, so now I have two charts that are the same and make sure that they are linked together. I included one chart in the container, and left the other as it is.

On Sheet trigger now I can see object id for that chart that isnt in the container.

Now you can simply select  trigger on activate/deactivate for that chart that isn't in the container. For that chart that is not in the container, I minimized, resize to really small size and hide it behind one of the object. In container, triggers seem to work for that chart.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sounds like a pretty good workaround, Matthew, except that all visible objects are calculated in QlikView.  Your method means that every object you want a trigger on (that will be dupliacted, shrunk and hidden) will be calculated on every selection - my dashboard of >150m rows won't like that very much!

For smaller applications, however - nice idea!

Jason

Not applicable

Within the developer this works perfectly but if I view the report within the browser (IE or FF) the trigger does not react on user input. Is this a general bug or have I made something wrong?

Kind regards

Simon

Not applicable

It seems this approach does only work in developer..

Not applicable

How about getting rid of the container and make your own? Assign buttons or text fields which give a value to variable eg. WhichChartIsVisible. You could then make each chart to show under condition such as "WhichChartIsVisible = 4". Position all charts at the same location and with similar size and you have pretty much all the functionalities that the container offers. This way you can easily control other objects too that should be visible with a specific chart: assign them to follow the same visibility variable.

Would this work for you or do you gain something else from using the container than the ability to switch between charts?