Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

chart sort order changes by itself after reload

Hi,

We have a straight table and in the properties of the table, we have sorted the table by certain fields in specific order. However, this is second time today that I have noticed that the order of the sort has changed by itself

Can someone please tell me what are the general reasons if the order of columns in sort has changed?

Shah

13 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

What is the Sort Order you kept?

If there is nothing selected in Table under sort tab...this could be possible...

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Perhaps it is sorted by load order and the order has changed in the source data?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sort order in Straight Tables can change if the order of columns, or the number of available columns changes. For example, if one of your dimensions become unavailable after reload, the sort order is likely to change.

A specific example would be helpful for more detailed troubleshooting.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

www.masterssummit.com - take your QlikView skills to the next level!

Not applicable
Author

Yes, its a straight table. The problem is that neither any expression nor a dimension has changed but every morning when I open the Qlikview report, the order of column in sort has changed. I have even disabled the interactive sort but somehow the order of column changes. There is not addition or removing of any expression or dimension in the straight table

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Syed,

when sorting by load order , the order will be changed after reload if any changes are made in source data.

are your reloads scheduled daily and at what time?

Please check before reloading the data by comparing in Document and Database.

Regards

Neetha

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. Actually its the priority of columns that is changing and this is very strange. For example, If I sort it by column1, column2 , column3 etc and save it. The next morning, its column3, column5, column1 etc. The strange thing is that every morning, the priority changes and they change to the same priority of columns no matter how I change it during the day

marcus_sommer

I have heard that there is a sort-bug in table-carts in SR9 and SR10 - maybe it's connected.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same problem as Syed, sort order in tables changes after reload.

Furthermore, I also noted that sorted order in a report was different from the representation that I actually have in the application.

Looks very likely that there is some kind of bug, just as Marcus referred to.

/Anders

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same problem with a chart table in SR9 that I use in a qlikview report, after reload the document in the server the order of the column priority change,

Original:

Original.JPG

After reload:

afterreload.JPG

With the qlikview desktop I have not this problem, any workarround?

Javier