Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access Issue on Access Point

Hello everyone,

I found some threads on similar topics but nothing really helped...

I have created an application containing section access / data reduction on one field.

When I open the document on the desktop, Section Access works fine.

When I simulate section access using the "intial selection" option in the document properties instead of "initial data reduction", section access even

works on the Access Point (for an ADMIN user with reduced data).

But what I cannot get to work is the combiniation of "initial data reduction" and Access Point. Even an ADMIN user who only has reduced data cannot

open the file there. After publishing, the document can only be opened by somebody with access to all data in the document, be it ADMIN or USER.

Are there any further prerequisites for section access to work, any server settings maybe?

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Best Regards
Karin

2 Replies
Colin-Albert

The QlikView Distribution Service login account must be included in your section access list with access to all data, otherwise when the data is reloaded on the server, only data that the QDS service has permission to access will be loaded into the QVW on the server. Then when users open the QVW the data is further reduced based on their access permissions.  Make sure the QDS service user can access all data.

Also remember that  * in the section access table does not mean all data, but means all values listed in this section access table column.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply, Colin, it brought me on the right track!

The QDS login account did in fact have access to all data in the document. But not via  Reduction = '*' but Reduction ='ALL'.

'ALL' in turn is linked to all values in the reduction dimension. When I put '*' instead, (and put this in an inline load), reduction worked on the access point, hurray!