Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial Load is not working from Section Access URL but same is working from Desktop

Hi Guys,

When I publish an application and try for Partial Reload from section Access URL then It is not working but same is working when i click partial reload button from Desktop.

It is working when I try select 12, 18 or 24 from Input variable and click on Partial Reload button from QlikView Desktop. But this Partial Reload button is not working when I deploy this application to Server and try doing Partial Reload from Section Access URL.

Untitled1.png

Do I need to change any setting in document to enable Partial Reloading on Server so that End users also can do partial reload.?

Please suggest

Message was edited by: Shivendoo Kumar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Correct, it will not work, because of the practical problems of user driven reloads. The button works fine in desktop client, and that is the area of usage. Consider it a legacy feature from the early days when the server product did not exist, and users access application through desktop client.

The proper way is to schedule reloads so that you have the required data in memory on required intervals. The server can then be setup to push out new data to client when available on server side.

Keep in mind that QlikView is not intended as a real-time system so it is designed for interval based reload. You can make your reloads efficient by applying QVD layers and a ETL workflow, so that your dashboard loaded from QVDs which is the optimized way of loading data in QlikView..

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I think you can find in the QlikView reference manual that the reload action is disabled in server deployment.

It would not be very wise to have end-users reload applications on-demand, as you can not control and balance the hardware resources. The end-users could very easily choke your server and probably end up crashing it.

Not applicable
Author

So You mean to say, If I create a button with ACTION Partial Reload, It will not be working from Server?

If that is the case then what is the use of this action?

I know it is not a wise solution but I am trying to control (Duplicate load) and all within script so that if one user loaded data another user not allowed to load same data. And moreover it is partial reload so It will just append FACT data.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Correct, it will not work, because of the practical problems of user driven reloads. The button works fine in desktop client, and that is the area of usage. Consider it a legacy feature from the early days when the server product did not exist, and users access application through desktop client.

The proper way is to schedule reloads so that you have the required data in memory on required intervals. The server can then be setup to push out new data to client when available on server side.

Keep in mind that QlikView is not intended as a real-time system so it is designed for interval based reload. You can make your reloads efficient by applying QVD layers and a ETL workflow, so that your dashboard loaded from QVDs which is the optimized way of loading data in QlikView..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for Clarifying it