Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

wrap text x-axis in bar chart of qlikview

Hi All,

I have Bar chart with with dimension(Customer) and Sales as Expression.

(Ex: In customer dim the values of customer as below on y-axis.How can we wrap the text in two columns for the same bar. (i.e 'people' in one row and 'government ' in another row) and the bar should be same.( EX:People

Government 1,

People

Government 2 )

Customersales
People governament 110
People governament 220
People governament 330
People governament 440
People governament 540
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, but only if you use dimension axes like this: /

And, use calculated dimension like that:

left(Customer, 6) & chr(10) & mid(Customer, 😎

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Like this?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I want to split it by word People is one word after that Space and Government in another word.what are the options in that case??

Split word by word or space by space

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This exactly what I suggest.  Word 'People' is 6 characters long.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael for the solution.But,the problem as per my design the orientation of bars are Horizantal and it showing people only in my graph the word 'Government' is cutting down.How to resolve this.Same problem in yours as well.

Please,find the attached document.How to resolve this problem??Barchart Obligor cutting down.png document.

Not applicable
Author

use presentation tab - multiline settings (right bottom) - wrap cell text in two lines

and you will see all your second lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately my solution doesn't work for the horizontal style.  And, I can't see at this time what might work.

MRKachhiaIMP‌ uploaded a nice example.

(Although I don't see the reason to make the calculated dimension more complex than necessary.)

Not applicable
Author

Can you send me the Screenshot in which version of qlikview those options available in presentation Tab??

Mine is 11.20 SR10 64 bit.I can't see those options in mine.